The Organizing & Scientific Committee of the EANS2023 Congress welcomes the submission of original abstracts according to the following submission guidelines the latest by
20 February 2023 28 February 2023 – Extended!.
Delegates who would like to present their work at the EANS2023 Congress, either orally or as an e-poster, are invited to submit an abstract. Please read the following instructions carefully before preparing your abstract.
Abstract Presentation Formats
- Oral Presentation: Presentation during a scientific session.
- Oral ePoster Presentation: Short presentation during the allocated time slot in the ePoster area. Inclusion in the electronic ePoster area as well.
- ePoster: Inclusion in the electronic ePoster area.
Abstract Submission Timeline
20/12/2022 Abstract Submission Opens
20/02/2023 Abstract Submission Deadline
20/04/2023 Abstract Notification
16/05/2023 Registration Deadline for accepted abstracts (any kind)
All abstracts that will be accepted to be presented in the EANS2023 Congress will be mentioned in the EANS2023 Final Programme booklet.
If your abstract is accepted to be presented either as an Oral Presentation or Oral ePoster Presentation, it will be published in the Brain & Spine Journal after the EANS2023 Congress.
- Abstracts can only be submitted in English.
- It is important that you read your text to ensure accuracy with no spelling, grammatical or scientific errors. No corrections will be accepted after the abstract submission deadline and the abstract will be published exactly as submitted.
- We encourage non-English-speaking authors to have their abstracts checked for grammar and spelling prior to submission.
- Incomplete abstracts will not be reviewed.
- Abstracts can be saved in “Draft status” to be re-edited and modified before the submission deadline. Minor edits can also be made to a submitted abstract before the submission deadline.
Withdrawal of an Abstract
- Request for withdrawal should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before May 31, 2023. The submitter must clearly explain the reason for withdrawal.
- Failure to present an abstract at the congress may lead to systematic rejection of your submission for future Annual Meetings.
Abstract Review Process
- Abstracts will be subjected to a single-blind review process by a panel of international experts in the field.
- Mean scores will be calculated for each abstract and based on this they will be allocated to oral or ePoster presentations, or they may be rejected.
- Each abstract will be scored based on the following criteria: scientific merit, suitable sample size, proper statistical analysis, adherence to instructions, and originality of the work.
Acceptance / Rejection Notification
- Only submitting authors will be notified by e-mail if their abstract has been accepted. The date, time, and type of their presentation will be confirmed.
- It is the responsibility of the submitter to notify the other co-authors of the outcome decision.
- The reasons for acceptance/rejection of an abstract do not correspond.
- Instructions for oral presentation and ePosters preparation will be e-mailed in due course to the submitting authors.
In case you face any difficulty in submitting your abstract through the abstract submission form, please contact Kelly Angelaki, EANS Congress Scientific Coordinator | E. email@example.com